ReSet. (From the angle of Mechanics)


Dear Believer,


I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately; Just been ruminating on the importance of taking steps to ensure steady connectivity. As is with electricity, once the plug is removed from the switch, it results in lack of power flow, so it is with us and the Holy Spirit. 


Let me tell you how this began. 

You know how the algorithm is the BTS of social media? You understand how it collates your interests, from videos, pictures, that you like, comment on, or spend time consuming, then presents you with more of those kinds of content, because you did request it? Even as a construct, the Internet requires your cooperation, if you will, to function for you. 

I should also add that we may all be on the same app, at the same time, but we certainly are not seeing the same things. 


Now, on this particular day, I started to see things that wouldn’t be on my feed/FYP. Similar videos here and there, after liking identical ones, were finding their way to me. It took me a short while to catch this, but immediately I did, I ‘dragged down’. 

This act ‘refreshed’ my feed/FYP, then I became ‘intentional’ about only spending time on the content that build me. 


Child of God, we have little say over the things the world brings our way. At work, school, home, we run into contrary content, every now and again, due to social interactions. No matter how hard you try, you may still hear that song, see that slightly dressed person, nod in agreement to that gay activism scene, or smile at the thought of being kissed like you see on your favorite celebrity couple’s page. 

It’s inevitable.

But you do get to choose when to ‘drag down’. 


As believers, our ReSet should be a deliberate effort to stay high; live above the wiles of the devil, manifested through the standards of the world. 

It is pertinent, the most pertinent, to spend time consuming Faith-filled content, both online and on-site. Listen to, and watch messages, follow more Christian creators, like more Jesus-centered videos. 

Don’t be flimsy about it!

Don’t get comfortable with just anything. 

Although God works in us to do His good pleasure, we must do our part to not frustrate the grace of God. 

Give full cooperation, at all times, to the spirit of God through personal prayers and word-study. 


Of course, this isn’t a one-time move. As long as we are on the earth, we need to stay alert, so that nothing creeps in, or stays in (if it does creep in).

So as you go about your day, don’t forget to ‘drag down’ and ReSet. 


(Bible References: Phil 2:13, John 15: 1-11, Romans 12:2, Gal 2:20-21).

Tori

If you're reading this, I want you to know that this is a diary. Though I haven't figured out a proper direction yet, bits and pieces of my journey will be documented here. If you're a story lover, a Christian trying to navigate life, or have a healthy appreciation for arts and it's various expressions, you’re welcome to ride with me.

1 Comments

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form